New Year´s Eve tour and Gourmet in Madrid and Salamanca
Spend a wonderful Madrid and Salamanca Gourmet New Year´s Eve tour with your group of friends or family.
Madrid, the vibrant and modern capital of Spain, will amaze you with its majestic historic quarters and magnificent avenues, monuments, museums and gardens. Madrid also offers a wide variety of cultural activities, as well as excellent taverns and restaurants.
And what about the wonderful city of Salamanca, declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco?
Guided tour available for a group of minimum 4 people.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
During the Christmas season, Madrid is filled with thousands of lights and colors, hundreds of Christmas trees and beautiful nativity scenes.
As the city is more lively and cheerful than ever, Spaniards and visitors alike sing Christmas carols on the streets, go for tapas and have a drink or shop. Many visit the beautiful nativity scenes or various exhibitions, attend some musical, dance or visit a Theatre.
In addition, at the Plaza Mayor you can enjoy our most traditional Christmas market, and on the 31st of December you can enjoy a great New Year’s Eve party and follow our tradition of eating the 12 grapes in the last 12 seconds of the year for your wish to be fulfilled.
Madrid, the capital of Spain, is surely a vibrant and modern city.
Madrid is also the European capital that has absorbed more of the regional cuisines of its country. When Felipe II moved the capital of Spain to Madrid, the emigrants who arrived massively from the most diverse Spanish regions brought with them their culinary customs. So come and enjoy its rich and varied gastronomy!
The day after the big party, we will move to a Hacienda-Boutique hotel on the banks of the Tormes River, to enjoy a rest and to get to know the wonderful city of Salamanca, declared a World Heritage Site by the Unesco.
We will have the opportunity to visit and taste the wines and cheeses and the Iberian hams from a large winery, artisanal cheese making company and ham dryer. We will also ride in a 4×4 vehicle on a private farm that breeds Iberian pigs, buffalo, and other autochthonous breeds.
All this, with the help of people who are proud of their land and their culture, who artistically work their products and their lands, to offer you the best, with their dedication, kindness and smile.
- Private transportation in comfort bus (groups from 8 pax) throughout the itinerary and transfers from the airport / hotel. For smaller groups (4 to 7 people) transfers will be with a private driver.
- 6 nights of accommodation with breakfast buffet in the selected hotels with charm and 4* , centric in standard double room.
- 5 meals:
- On tapas tour: Beer, wine or soft drinks.
- In prestigious restaurant: Wine (a bottle for two) and water.
- In the factory of hams: Wine and water.
- On the private estate: Included wines or beers, soft drinks and water.
- On the Gourmet tour or cooking class: Beer, wine or soft drinks.
- 3 dinners:
- Welcome dinner including bottle of wine for every two people and water.
- End of the year dinner with white and red wine and champagne, and cotillion (pack of grapes and a hat for the party).
- Farewell dinner with Flamenco show, including bottle of wine for every two people, water and glass (ex: whiskey, gin and tonic, etc.).
- Cultural visits with official guides:
- Visit to Madrid with tapas tour.
- Visit to Salamanca with tickets to University and Cathedral.
- Guided culinary visits and tastings in:
- Guijuelo Iberian dryer with tasting.
- Cheese factory in Salamanca with tasting.
- Winery in Salamanca with tasting.
- Gourmet tour or cooking class including meal.
- Local taxes.
- Taxi back to hotel after New Year´s eve dinner/party.
- Medical or Travel Insurance.
- Meals and Drinks not specified.
- Extra nights.
- Superior hotel category.
- Reservation for musical on January 1st.
Private transfer from Madrid airport and Dinner
- Private transfer from Madrid airport to your charming and centric 4 stars hotel.
- Welcome dinner at a renowned restaurant within a walking distance from hotel.
Tapas tour, dinner and New Year´s party
Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Guided cultural and tapas tour (3 to 4 hours). Your guide will meet you at the lobby of the hotel. The guide will lead you on a private walk to some interesting sites which currently form part of what is known as the Madrid of the Habsburg: The area surrounding the beautiful arcaded Main Square (Plaza Mayor) and the amazing Royal Palace, close to the beautiful Opera plaza. You´ll visit gorgeous bars and cheerful old taverns in the most famous tapas city area, telling you fantastic legends of the history of Madrid. Of course we will visit The San Miguel Market, meeting point for friends to start a tapas experience.
- On this day the bars and taverns are full of people singing Carols and celebrating the upcoming New Year!
- Free time to explore and live the colourful city.
- Great dinner and New Year’s party in a trendy restaurant. Celebrate the beginning of the year in the traditional Spanish way! Welcome to the only hospitality project signed by Philippe Starck in Spain. The emblematic Puerta de Alcala in the capital will be the views with which you will enjoy this special night ( if you wish the party will last until 6 am).
Free time to stroll, theatres ...
Breakfast and lunch included.
- Rest day after the big party yesterday! Today Madrid will be a quiet city, and almost deserted. The Spaniards rest after the great celebration. Take the opportunity to stroll through the beautiful Retiro Park.
- Lunch at a prestigious restaurant.
- In the afternoon free time. We recommend going to the Gran Via avenue, animated with its cinemas, theaters and numerous shops (optional: Check availability of musicals or other events).
Iberian ham producer visit and Salamanca
Breakfast and lunch included.
- 9:00 o´clock. Check out. Today we head to Salamanca.
- 11:00-14:00 o´clock. Visit an Iberian ham drying shed. Did you know that Iberian Cured Ham is unique in the world and it is made with pure Iberian pork leg from acorn-fed pigs?
- The particular micro-climate of this region originates the unequalled and finest of Iberian cured ham in the world. You will have the chance to visit the installations of one of the best ham producers in a village near Salamanca. One of his owners will explain us the secret of how the “blacked hoof pigs “are reared and their production methods: Serrano means ”from the mountains”, as the cool dry mountain air offers the perfect conditions for the curing process.
- You will have the chance to taste this aromatic and very fine meat, which is glory enough in itself. Lunch based on their productos with fine wine.
- Off we go to Salamanca (45 min.)
- 15:00- 17:30h. Guided visit. In Salamanca you will find little streets brimming with history and life, and you will easily fall in love with this city of centennial stones. With its universities, with one of the most beautiful Romanesque cathedral in Europe, its spectacular baroque style “plaza Mayor” (main square), palaces and convents, and also its taxing cuisine with its traditional country ambrosia of flavours.
- Among its many monuments we will not miss the spectacular Main Square, the University and its Cathedral.
- Afterwards some free time .
- Transfer to a charming hotel on the banks of the river Duero. Founded in 1366 by the Dominicans and where Christopher Columbus stayed during the Valcuev Conferences. Here we will have a first approach to the famous wine tasting of Rivera del Duero (DO) in Spain.
Cheese factory visit and buffalos
- Today we will visit in a 4-wheel vehicle a very special place, a private ecofarm of many hectares, with a craft cheese factory, an organic garden and a balsamic vinegar cellar.
A private state where the owners teach and share their lifestyle, and way of enjoying the flavors of life.
- For about 3 hours you will enjoy:
– Walk around the farm, admiring the beautiful landscape and seeing their animals, such as the buffalos, or the Spanish Iberian pig.
– Visit to the organic garden, the balsamic vinegar cellar and observation tower …
– Visit to the cheese factory and tasting of our gourmet cheeses directed by a professional.
– Finish with a meal, informal buffet, based on all the products they produce such as Iberian ham, cheeses, olive oil, ecologic vegetables and great wines.
- In the afternoon visit and professional tasting in their cellar.
Hands-on cooking class and Flamenco show
Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Check out. Transfer to Madrid and hotel check in.
Either choose a Gourmet Tour or Hands-on cooking class in Madrid, whatever you prefer!
Gourmet tour: Off to discover one of the finest and luxurious neighbourhood of “Salamanca”, not only to admire the beautiful facades of the buildings or the wonderful shop windows brand, but also to discover some of its Gourmet stores with delicatessen products, its fabulous local market and some ”innovative” Gourmet markets that gathers, stores restaurants and leisure. Lunch included.
If you prefer to enjoy a Hands on cooking class, the chef will welcome you with a glass of wine.
In a very friendly and nice atmosphere, the Chef will give you some instructions: Some of you will be cutting the fruit for the sangria, others the potatoes for the omelette or the vegetables for the paella and so on (please ask for options as we have many menus available).
The Chef will also teach you about the Spanish gastronomy, its most representative products (such as olive oil, Iberian ham …) and give you some culinary tips.
For all: Farwell dinner in Madrid with Flamenco show.
Breakfast and transfer to airport
Check out and transfer to Madrid airport . End of services
Madrid: Hotel Catalonia Puerta del Sol.
Salamanca: Hacienda Zorita.
Tour available from 4 people and upon availabilty. Services will be confirmed within 48 hours when request is made. Prices are based on hotel double/ twin room (2 people).
- 4 people group: 2.290 Euro/ person.
- 6 people group: 1.990 Euro/ person.
- 8 people group: 1.930 Euro/ person.
- 10 people group: 1.890 Euro/ person.
- 12 people group: 1.850 Euro/ person.
Single supplement: Plus 480 Euro/ person.
Once availability is confirmed, the agency will ask for a 20% deposit in ordert to secure the booking. This amount will be paid by bank transfer to the account specified in the invoice that the organizing travel agency in Madrid will send to the client upon confirmation.
Once booking is confirmed, flight tickets will be issued and will not be refundable in case of cancellation.
Payment in full is required, 45 days prior to the start of the tour. If payment is not received at the due date, the travel agency will understand that you desist from reservation and will keep the deposit as cancellation expenses.
The organizing travel agency strictly adheres to its cancellation policy and cannot make exceptions. In the event you cancel your trip you will compensate the agency for management expenses in the following way depending on cancellation notice:
- Before 45 days of departure, you will forfeit the 20% deposit.
- Between 45 and 10 days, 30% of total price.
- In the prior 10 days before departure, 100 %.
Menus will be not “a la carte” and will be fixed before hand by the travel agency. If there is any food you are allergic to or cannot eat, please inform us before your travel.
The order of days in itinerary or schedule of activities can be modified by the supplier. The customer will receive the confirmed itinerary prior to travel.